Former Bomber wrote:
Ithaca will beat Plattsburgh.
Interesting statement, glad you brought it up. I recently had a conversation with a Bomber about Ithaca vs. Plattsburgh, and noticed something intriguing-
5. 166 Ithaca College (26:13.5 131:07.2)
5. 166 SUNY Plattsburgh (26:16.1 131:20.4)
8. 267 Ithaca College (26:38.0 133:09.8)
9. 268 SUNY Plattsburgh (26:33.4 132:46.7)
6. 206 SUNY Plattsburgh (26:35.4 132:56.7)
14. 359 Ithaca College (27:20.2 136:40.9)
Look how close the two teams have been over the past 3 years, 2005 of course being an off year for IC. I just thought it was interesting to look how close they have been. I picked Plattsburgh because I know their program is designed for peaking at regionals, no big surprises there. They always seem to jump in the rankings after that race. But, IC has been coming on strong, and I have heard that they are more prepared this year then they have been in the past. We shall see. I still would favor PSU; going into a meet with a practically guaranteed #1 makes the decision a bit easier as well.