Are there ACTUALLY environmental concerns or do these groups have nothing better to do but sue you so you have to spend another 2 years studying how your project affects some species of bird before you can do anything?
The same groups will get in the way of lithium mines, long distance power grids, high speed railways, i.e. a bunch of other stuff you want. Eventually someone will have to stand up to them.
It doesn't seem like a ridiculous loophole in general. Some people think it's unfair for hedge fund managers, but Chuck Schumer has made sure to oppose anything that would only apply to investment managers (his constituents). But no one wants to eliminate it for all of private equity either, so this bill only slightly alters it. With that said I agree that I don't see why anyone including Sinema would care.
I don't make much of a distinction between hedgies and PE guys in terms of this. The idea is that they want to tax some of their compensation at lower capital gains rates rather than income tax rates. because 'sweat equity' or something like that.
I think it's all very silly. They are paid fees to do a job and if they do the job well they get higher fees. It's wages, pure and simple, and should be taxed at full income tax rates like the rest of us.
I can only guess Sinema is getting money from hedgies on this but who knows.
2) Presidents are not responsible for recessions. As incompetent as Trump was, even he wasn't responsible for the recession that happened under his watch.
3) Don't get so excited about this recession. It's super shallow. It will be over next quarter, and it is a recession by definition, yes, but artificially so as it was really impossible to match the huge growth from last year.
Liz Cheney is on a mission, sent by George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams to save the nation from Donald Trump.
This is an ad she ran in WY, to try to wake up Republicans in that state as to the danger of Trump. She knows it will probably hurt her bid for reelection but that's ok. She's trying to save the nation.
This is an example of how a lib denys every prediction ever made about an upcoming catastrophic energy or climate event that never comes to fruition. This is the reason why your other nickname is chicken little- you have been on this global warming farce for nearly 20 years on LR.
The Fat dude is correct on all counts. He did, however, neglect to mention one additional pertinent real fact (as opposed to your own fake facts).
While it is true that "mainstream science never said acid rain will destroy all crops in 10 years", acid rain did cause very widespread damage to the forests in this country. This problem was largely reversed due to the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990.
So, if we are keeping score here, your original "facts" post presented:
5 out of 5 inaccurate representations of past projections
2 potentially very bad outcomes averted, quite clearly, by government regulations (which you are knocking, in your ignorance)
2 out of 5 items resulted in no "(additional) taxes and regulations."
In short, you've managed to bat 0.000 Congratulations!
1. You are blind and stupid. It's obvious that Biden's mental capacity is greatly diminished
2. A POTUS IS fully responsible for recessions. We are witnessing what full incompetence looks like, right now. Everything is in shambles- this is Jimmy Carter 2.0 all over again- and I remember how bad that was as a kid.
3. We are heading for a 3rd month of contraction. The economy is not improving anytime soon. We have a mentally incompetent weakling who requires elementary note cardstock show how he fakes it while trying function normally. He can't take unscripted questions from the press and if he ever speaks without notes, he goes off the rails into gibberish and his handlers have to wisk him away.
4. Other world leaders treat him as a doddering elderly man who needs to be guided to a chair or podium and can't read a teleprompter without getting confused. He needs to take cognitive exam and upon failing exam, he MUST step down immediately.
Kamala as terrible as she is - at least has all her marbles- she will need to serve out the remainder of Biden's only term.
Liz Cheney is 1000% getting her a$$ primaried out of office in less than 2 weeks. Her political career is OVER, her best shot to keep it alive is to switch parties and move to a blue state. If she runs for POTUS, forget it- she has no shot against DeSantis or Trump. The GOP wants a m-aga candidate for POTUS, not a NeverTrump/backstabber or an establishment swamp creature. She's done.