I'll be brutally honest here. Now, of course, much of this is speculative, so it may go astray because sometimes I do that....
1. The Ivy League mentality: One has to only say Go Big Red to remember that he went to Cornell University. The problem with some Ivy League graduates is that it goes to their head. I think his sense of self compared with society is overdeveloped.
2. Privileged mentality: I don't gather that Robert had to struggle much growing up except for the common picking that goes on in school. I don't sense that he was abused, had food insecurity, was impoverished, was neglected, or had major setbacks. Ergo, anyone who has had to struggle is a freak because it's their fault.
3. Homogenized upbringing: I do not sense there were many around Robert who identified with anything other than Caucasian.
4. Resentment toward women: I sense he ran into some mean women, which subsequently morphed into the embittered personality and scathing rhetoric with which he addresses women.
5. A debilitating need to fit in. Remember, he has friends he needs to impress here. Imagine what would happen if he didn't come through. I remember a time around 2017 when people were all pretty much ignoring the Johnsons. The posts to capture attention got weirder and weirder.
6. A lack of respect for differences. The more that Johnson surrounds himself with only people who like him, the more ensconced he becomes with only those people. It becomes his bubble.
7 An antiquated, out-of-touch life perspective. People are trying to improve relations and his negativity is attempting to break them.