@juiceyjuice - Only so much time in the day. Job, wife, life, etc. I went hard all of last year and need some kind of break.
I'll post weekly updates as well Reed. This is from another thread but here's where I'm starting:
Dec 10 (Marathon - 2:31)
Dec 11-17 (43 miles)
- Saturday 10 mile progression ending at 5:20, ~5:50 for the last 6 miles.
Dec 18-24 (67 miles)
- Monday 6x1:00 (5:00 pace) + 4x200 fast
- Thursday road 5K 16:09 (5:03, 5:11, 5:21)
- Saturday 20 (6:40 avg) with last 10 ~6:05/mi, last 3 miles ~5:35
Dec 25-31 (53 miles)
- Wednesday 16 (6:46 avg) with last 10 ~6:10/mi, last mile ~5:15
- Friday 4x4x1:00 (1:00 jog between & 2:00 jog between sets) average 4:5x/mi + 5x~32s 200s on the road
Jan 1-7 (57 miles)
- Tuesday 10 mile hard fartlek, building to a 5:2x mile 3 times, average 6:17/mi
- Friday 12x200 ish (roads) in 32-33s
- Saturday 15 @ 5:57 w/ attempted 6x1 mile @ 5:20 w/ 2:00 jog on the roads. 5:15, 5:19, 5:14, but the effort was too high and I had to stop for the bathroom. Long break then finished with 5:23, 5:21, 5:19. There was an extra half mile rep in there somewhere too.
Jan 8-14 (42 miles)
- Tuesday 4x progressions each ending in the 5:00-5:20 range, total 10.6 @ 6:08
- Sunday Houston Half 1:10:54
From here on out I'll be hitting 70+ mpw and trying to settle back into a regular schedule of Monday speed, Thursday tempo, Saturday long/tempo.