Day 1, August 22, 2015
Hear what the world's best had to say following the first session at the 2015 IAAF World Championships
Evan Jager survived a huge, huge scare on a very good morning session from the Americans as Clayton Murphy filled in admirably for Nick Symmonds to keep his dream 2015 going. All 4 American advanced in the women's 1500m as did druggie Tatyana Tomashova which got some comment from Jenny Simpson.
Wind adjusted only .02 separated Gatlin and Bolt on Saturday, but Gatlin was glancing around with 40 meters to go. Race videos plus video interviews with both.
At last, the Kenyans gave the fans what they wanted - a relentless assault on Mo Farah. In the end, it didn't matter as Farah overcame the spirited team challenge to win 27:01 as Kenya was rewarded with the 2-3-4 placings. Galen Rupp ran the 4th fastest time in American (27:08) history to finish 5th.
On The Boards
- mo v rupp- no longer training partners
- Yousef Masrahi and Rusheen McDonald go 43.93 in their heat!
- Mens 100m WC's semifinals. start lists are up!
- Loxsom bombs out first round, Symmonds' alternate Murphy(4th USAS) makes it to second round!
- Cam Levins 28:15 for 14th. WHAT IS GOING ON?
- Mo Farah makes me sick.
- Galen Rupp... guts - respect.
- Cas Loxsom is the Worst Trained 800m Athlete Ever
- Mo Farah's PB's at age 22
- Dibaba ran 4:02 in the 1st Heat?