“The campaign group Run Equal claims that ‘an unequal race distance … gives the message your race isn’t as important, you aren’t as capable and you aren’t being welcomed on equal terms.’ We disagree. This has never been part of our lived experience. … The physical advantages men acquire compared to women from puberty are well-known. These advantages mean that, in some sports, event specifications should be different, for good reason. We believe cross country, at [a] competitive level, is one such event. There are many events in athletics alone which have different specifications. This does not mean women are weak or inferior. It is a question of what specifications suit men and women, and what makes for meaningful and exciting competition.”
- chances that LA Marathon goes in May?
- Tokyo 2021 not happening?
- Saucony is too woke.
- Ellen Page is now Elliot Page?
- Ole Miss posted video of tempo 8 and 5 mile run but it was more like a race
- Molly Seidel to make her Puma debut at the Vegas Gold Elite Half Marathon this Saturday
- Really disappointed in friends getting Covid vaccine
- Should I give up my 4th year of collegiate running to marry my gf?
- Is 10 x 40 seconds hills with 2 min rest a good aerobic workout or too much anaerobic ?