Quote Of The Day
“I’m not done running, I’m just done getting paid for it. Sometime in the last couple years I realized that I was no longer getting nervous before races. At first I thought it was due to health issues or a lack of fitness. But then I found those things and it was only the fire that was missing. 2020 was a blessing in the sense that it gave me time to fully explore those emotions. I don’t like to say I am retiring – Real runners don’t retire. I’m merely rearranging priorities. So what’s next? I’m in the process of trying to figure that out myself. Thank you @njnytc @flynnsports @hokaoneone @feetures @polarglobal @xendurance for the opportunity to live out this dream.”
– Kyle Merber announcing his retirement from professional running.
- Kyle Merber makes official retirement announcement
- Boston University mandates mask for all athletic competitions
- Poll: Will the Tokyo olympics happen?
- My maraton time dropped when replacing running with cross country skiing
- They need to vaccinate normal people first
- New ESPN Indoor Track Series
- Random fact of the day: Steve Sarkisian's wife - Loreal Smith Sarkisian - was a 12.81 110 hurdler in 2011 (12.64w)
- Scotland (and England) go into full national lockdown again. Will US be next?
- My husband wants to buy a car and I think that's a bad idea - what do you think?