Quote Of The Day
“So how does track become more popular?
I don’t have a gimmick solution to offer – or even a bold or interesting or especially monumental one. My plan is for us to chip away, grassroots-style, peer pressuring our friends into following a sport that’s fun and rewarding to follow.
If there’s a major marathon or a big meet on, invite friends over who wouldn’t watch otherwise. Bring a friend to a meet. Treat it like a baseball game. If you saw an exciting race, use it as an anecdote. Don’t just tell people the result, but what happened. People get recommendations for movies and music and shows. Why not sports?”
– 3:37 1,500 runner Daniel Winn writing about his plans to make track more popular.
- Happy Thanksgiving: Blowout sale. 20% Off Nearly All Running Shoes and Gear for EVERYONE. Act fast. Expires Monday.
- Dyestat column opening: "The traditional Thanksgiving story isn’t something to celebrate"
- Turkey Trot Robbery by "Virtual" Runner
- If this quote from the new British athletics head coach Christian Malcolm is true, why do we even need coaches?
- Company launches basically a wearable sock that tells you what type of running shoes are best for your individual gait
- Add Brynn Brown's 2020 TX State Meet 16:25.9 to the XC Record Books
- For those who oppose restrictions and won’t take the vaccine
- Let’s Be Honest, 2021 will be a lost year
- Texas a&m 800 University DESTINED for failure??