Quote Of The Day
“I continued running strong, but having no idea what mile I was on or where this place called Central Park was, I began to get annoyed and frustrated. Every time I saw a patch of trees, I thought, ‘Oh, this must be Central Park,’ but no. To keep motivated I started swearing at my husband for getting me into this mess in the first place.”
– A quote from the late Grete Waitz talking about when she made her marathon debut at the 1978 NYC Marathon. She was so angry that she threw her shoe at her husband (who was also her coach) after the race, but she won the race by 9 minutes and set the WR with 2:32:29.
- Clemson axes Mens XC and Track Teams
- William & Mary reinstante ALL cut sports including men's track and field
- Whom did the LetsRun.com visitors vote for in the 2020 US Presidential Election?
- 4x1600m with 400m jog = 5k pace?
- Just bombed my state race, legs have felt flat, how to fix?
- Just Ended My Strava Subscription.
- Are women more likely to choke in sports than men? WNBA players free throw % drops more than NBA players in big spots
- Alton McKenzie'93 named new Georgetown director of track and field/XC