Quote Of The Day
“TRACK & FIELD has been the sport of diversity barrier-breakers: Jim Thorpe, Jesse Owens, Jackie Robinson (NCAA champion in the long jump), Tommie Smith, John Carlos, Wilma Rudolph, Babe Didrikson, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Caitlyn Jenner. There is a great story behind each of these figures, and what they have done to advance diversity, not only in our sport, but for the whole sports world. I believe track & field—through these pioneers and activists—has experienced and fostered diversity more than any other sport. It is vital that we recognize this in a tumultuous time that includes painful collegiate budgetary decisions.”
-opening paragraph of an opinion column in Track and Field News by longtime Arkon coach Dennis Mitchell, entitled, “Opinion — Track & Field Is Diversity, A Value Worth Standing Up For.”
- 20-years ago was Magic Monday in Sydney. Was that the greatest night in athletics history?
- Podcast with Russian Doping Whistleblowers Yuliya and Vitaly Stepanov + John Capriotti Out at Nike
- Josh Cox and Ben Rosario are putting on a marathon for 50 men and women on super-fast course in Arizona on December 20th
- Pacing times for 2020 London Marathon men's race are announced
- Nike Alphafly Are Causing A Strange Feeling in Arch of My Foot - Who Else Feels This?
- This is Covid Reality: 2020 Venice Marathon will take place with 2 entrants, 1 male, 1 female
- I don't buy the story that Donavan Brazier only runs 35mpw. No way he is running 3:35 on 35mpw.