Quote Of The Day
“We have known each other for 43 years. Sven gave me my first big international break in athletics at the Bislett Games in Oslo and provided me with the platform for two of my three world records in 41 days back in 1979. He was in the vanguard of globalising our sport … He brought a professionalism to our one-day meetings that is still the template today and crucially he had the political savvy to be able to do that and navigate the sport from an amateur era into becoming an open sport and then a professional sport when there was a real risk that fault lines between East and West Europe could have split the sport apart. … But his loss today, alongside his much-loved family, will be felt most acutely by generations of athletes whose aspirations he helped fulfil. Our deepest sympathies go to his family and the European Athletics family who today lost their hugely popular and effective President.”
– Seb Coe paying tribute to the late European Athletics President Sven Arne Hansen, who passed on Saturday after failing to recover from a stroke he suffered in March.
- LetsRun.com's High School and College Summer Training Program is Here! & John Kellogg is Baack
- 600m TT: the carnage of Nijel Amos
- Fargo Marathon is on!!!!!!
- Fauci admits to lying - but we cannot question him now
- if you have property inside CHAZ is it basically worthless now?
- More Covid Corruption: Belgium- 77% of Nursing Home Deaths Listed as Covid- Only 7.8% Actually Tested
- Time for Yale to be removed from the Ivy League
- Is Evan Jager’s 8:00.45 (inc. fall) Worth 3:45.8 mile/12:47 5k?
- POLL: Best way to run 50 MPW during base training
- Sub 20 minute 5K at 50 years old?