Quote Of The Day
“By cutting Track and Field, Brown is literally taking away admissions opportunities for Black male athletes while preserving admission opportunities for white athletes in affluent sports….Brown should be finding more opportunities for Black Men to go to Brown, not fewer. …”
“Don’t say you’re in support of Black Lives and addressing the institutional inequities that affect Black Americans while at the same time helping to enshrine income and class disparities by giving more opportunities for those in affluent sports and increasing your number of White male varsity athletes and decreasing the number of Black male varsity athletes on your campus.”
“Talk is cheap. Brown, do the work. Fix this now. Reinstate Men’s Track!“
– Excerpts of an email to LetsRun.com and an article on Medium written by Russell Dinkins, Princeton Class of 2013, about his outrage that Brown University has said it’s going to be cutting its diverse, 145-year-old men’s track and field team in a move that Brown is spinning as one that would further “increase the diversity of students playing both varsity and club sports at Brown.” Dinkins was a black member of Princeton’s NCAA-winning DMR team in 2013.
Want to help? Check out Savebrowntrack.org.
- America's forgotten triple gold medalist - Bobby Morrow who won the 100, 200 and 4 x 100 in 1956 - was laid to rest today
- UCONN Men and Women's XC/Track & Field Programs At Risk of Being Cut
- Alexa Efraimson runs 4:27 1,600 time trial
- As an Asian, I experienced more racism in Europe than America
- US running clubs. A famed UK running club wants to kick your *** on July 4th in a virtual relay challenge. Details here.
- Really? Timothy Cheruiyot says he's hoping someone on his team can break 2000 WR of 4:44 in Impossible Games
- Gwen Berry says she lost $50,000 in sponsorships after raising her fist at Pan Ams. What sponsorships do throwers have?
- Secrets of Leo Daschbah's sub-4 training revealed. How would you rate these workouts?
- Old Timers. How does 2020 compare to the 60s?
- LetsRun.com's High School and College Summer Training Program is Here! & John Kellogg is Baack