Quote Of The Day
“[My last job interview was when I was] 15, applying for a job as a dishwasher and salad and food prep person at a restaurant, like TGI Fridays…[This job interview at Tracksmith] was great. It was very casual. The thing is — and this is what I’ve learned since then — not just the senior leadership and executive team are all passionate runners who are fully involved in the sport; everybody is. So it’s just like going to hang out with your college team after a long run when you’re going to go get brunch. Everyone loves running and they’re all passionate about their own goals. So it felt like I fit in straight away….It’s not a traditional nine-to-five. It’s project-based and they’ll give myself flexibility to also focus on my training. But I want to prove myself. I want to show that I’m worthy of this…It’s fun starting at the bottom again.”
-two-time Olympic medallist Nick Willis talking to LRC about how he recently secured a job at Tracksmith.
- Jim Walmsley goes home devastated. 2020 Comrades Marathon is cancelled
- Rhonex Kipruto's 26:24 road WR is ratified. That mean's it's legit but how did he do it not in Vaporflys?
- True or false: Sonia O'Sullivan: Based on numbers a 4 minute mile for men is equivalent to a 4:14 1500 for women (4:34 mile)
- The secretive Jerry Schumacher is spotted online. Has he lost it due to Covid-19? (Pic)
- NY Times op-ed: "Jogging Has Always Excluded Black People"
- 2:05:13 marathoner Benson Kipruto is thrilled to be making $18 a day as dairy farmer during Covid-19
- How fast is the average athlete that puts in 70+ miles a week?