More Proof That The Average Politician Has No Idea What They Are Talking About
“‘That’s not the Boston Marathon,’ Boston Mayor Marty Walsh said last month to Boston.com when asked about restricting the Marathon to elite runners. ‘We’re an inclusive marathon. The Boston Marathon is for everyone.'”
“While understanding Mayor Walsh’s sentiment in terms of public interest and fan support, from the runners’ perspective, Boston is hardly ‘inclusive.’ As a matter of fact, the defining characteristic of the Boston Marathon over the last half-century has been its strict qualifying standards.”
– Excerpt from Toni Reavis’ piece that proposes two ideas to save the 2020 Boston Marathon in some form. 1) An elite only race 2) A 14-person relay battle between teams from the areas top hospitals. We like an LRC message board poster’s idea better. Do both. Have the medical relay teams race the elites and see how long they can last.
- Bored runners do the Koala challenge on Instagram - Coburn, Infeld, Willis and more (racy videos)
- Toni Reavis proposes two ideas to save the 2020 Boston Marathon
- Rudisha on Covid-19: "It is sad... I was almost hitting my top form just a few months before the Olympic Games."
- Anyone else completely injured decades later from running high mileage (100+ mpw) in college?
- Massachusetts man arrested for pulling knife on jogger without face mask in Cambridge. Was jogger justified in calling cops?
- This reminds me of the Mary Cain-Alberto Salazar case: Female Olympic champion gymnastics coach suspended for 8 yrs for verbal and emotional abusing including fat-shaming
- HSer Cole Sprout runs 8:49.02 3200 at 5,000+ feet in CO
- British WWII vet walks 100 laps of garden to raise £1,000. Britain goes crazy for him. He's raised $39 million and has #1 song
- Norwegian journalist says he found a syringe on a track in Iten - Athletics Kenya isn't so sure
- 2017 World 1500m champ Elijah Managnoi is doing dairy farming and planting beans to make ends meat during Covid-19 crisis