Quote Of The Day
“We are looking at so many different scenarios and those scenarios have probably quadrupled in the last 48 hours. Collectively we (the World Marathon Majors organizers) swap ideas. I chucked one in that we had that pretty well blew a few people’s minds. We have got a meeting next week where we’re swapping learnings from each other. There are so many scenarios and, in reality, nothing is off the table. We have to look at this holistically for society. It is far bigger than just saying, ‘What is right for the Virgin Money London Marathon?’ This is about what is right for society and that is a really important part of the decision-making process. The reality of social distancing, that plays an enormous part of it. There are so many scenarios that we will play around with and you have to keep evolving them as scientific advice comes forward, as the weeks go by. … At this stage it is not possible to say what we are doing. We know what we want to do but we just don’t know the reality of the world that will be in existence on October 4.”
– Race director Hugh Brasher talking about the possibility of the re-scheduled London Marathon being cancelled or moving to an elite-only race.
- How will the COVID shutdown affect college athletics, especially CC?
- Runners that live in U.S. cities: are you wearing a mask while out running?
- How much did you weigh when you PR’d?
- Report: Vitamin D fights Covid 19
- More epic SNELL: newly posted vid from Nov 1964 (3:54.1 WR)
- Sub 15:15 5k strategy
- Best D1 Recruiters for distance
- D1 Coaches: What are you being required to do?
- Is the Boston University Indoor Track short?
- Only poor people choose not to live in California