Quote Of The Day
“It’s everybody’s proposition that we have all three championships. Ideally, scheduled to help each and every one of us, they will be in the summer of 2022. The fact that we’re trying to navigate our way through what is not much more than about six weeks to do all that is clearly challenging. I do have a responsibility for the global footprint of the sport. All three [events] are probably going to have to give a bit, and they’re probably going to take a bit. Ultimately, the number one objective is ‘how do we do this for the athletes?’ I’m having conversations by the day, by the hour sometimes, with all those groups, including our partners in Oregon ’21. If I can avoid it, I don’t want to damage two really important championships in our landscape. The World Championships will be centrepiece of 2022, but I also want to reflect that Europe is in large part still the bedrock of the global sport. It’s where most American athletes tend to be decamping to, from about May onwards, and the Commonwealth Games covers 70-plus of my member federations as well. … I’m not going to speculate on any further discussions because they are ongoing. I really do want to try and make this work, but there will inevitably be some compromises along the road.”
– Seb Coe talking about having the World Championships, European Championships and Commonwealth Games all in the summer of 2022.
- When things open up later this month races still won't happen for a VERY long time so doing workouts is stupid
- love high mileage but I don’t improve much more than lower mileage from it
- WFH running with my wife
- A not close friend has terrible body odor every time l have seen him recently should I tell him
- What would have to happen for US to declare war on China?
- Married Couple Dies Six Minutes Apart from COVID-19
- I'm an unemployed 30-yr old w/ a PhD in Political; can I join military?
- STOP with VIRTUAL RACES
- Cross Country 2020???
- Wilson Kipsang ARRESTED for breaking COVID19 curfew
- Is this the end of the cruise ship industry?
- How can Boston Offer Full Refunds, but every other race cannot?