Quote Of The Day
“It takes a lot of fire every day, and it takes a lot of energy to generate that fire, to get up and do that hard work. And to think about, ‘Can I do this for one more year just to have my shot at that dream?’ and to know that that dream is still only just a chance, that’s a very difficult thing. So pushing this back a year is really tough. … If it were in 2022, I wouldn’t have gone for it. I would have finished my career content with London and Rio. But I certainly would like to get that third Olympics in there. … There are a lot of athletes that delay the remainder of their lives to pursue their Olympic dream. They forgo a job, or they go off their savings for a while. There are a lot of people who really make some big sacrifices to pursue this. By the time the decision was announced, those sacrifices have all been made already, and so it will require just an extra year of that.”
– Two-time US steeplechase Olympian Donn Cabral talking about dealing with the Tokyo Olympics being postponed until July 2021.
- Strava MUST lock down Segment Leaderboards during COVID-19 for Sporting Integrity
- Grandmas Marathon registrants go home DEVASTATED!!
- Boston and London will be cancelled - September does not work
- Now 1,000 Americans are dying a day, will the deniers apologize?
- Why are 50 percent of the virus deaths in NY/NJ? Any ideas why Chicago and LA have not blown up?
- Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both
- Conservative AEI think tank: Cost-Benefit Analysis Suggests Optimal Lockdown is 30-34 Weeks
- KIPCHOGE SHOWS OFF SOME SERIOUS DRIP FOR GQ
- Prediction Thread: When Will the 2020 US Presidential Election Be Cancelled?
- Sweden’s maverick approach to covid management