Quote Of The Day
“In sport we have a unique opportunity not to tip toe around things and tweak at the edges. We have the chance to think bigger, to rip up the blueprints and banish the ‘that’s the way we’ve always done it’ mentality. Ironically, I believe social distancing will actually bring us closer together as a community and sport can sit right at the center. The situation the world finds itself in today is a huge wake up call for all of us – as human beings, as businesses and as sport. We should capitalize on this and work out new ways of delivering events, create and plan new events that embrace the many as well as the few. We can use this time to innovate and extend our sport across the year. Rather than just focusing on one-day meetings and one-day road races at one end of the spectrum and 10-day extravaganzas at the other end, we should look at weekend festivals of running, jumping and throwing that take advantage of the Southern and Northern Hemisphere seasons. We should work with governments to re-establish sport in schools, rebuild club structures, incentivize people to exercise and get fit. … This should and could be the new normal. We don’t have to do things the same way.”
– Seb Coe writing in an open letter to the track and field community about the coronavirus pandemic and how this has been an “wake-up call” for the sport.
- Western States cancelled
- RIP: 1980 NCAA 110h runner-up and ex-NFL player Orlando McDaniel has died of Covid-19
- Why Does Income Play a Part in Stimulus Check?
- Check out the scene in NYC yesterday (March 27)
- What kind of quarter speed does Nico Young have?
- Ban running slower than 7:30 pace
- Cuomo says a Trump quarantine of New York and New Jersey would mean Civil War
- Hobbyjogger situation making social distance Running impossible - Time to introduce a qualifying standard to be allowed out?
- Everyone is going to be wearing masks in a couple weeks
- LOCKDOWN: could it END by mid-MAY? That would be 8 WEEKS of staying at home
- Why has the worlds #1 capitalistic country failed miserably in it's corona virus response
- Burn your "stimulus" check when it comes in the mail
- Is a Garmin 245 (or similar watch) really necessary??