Quote Of The Day
“The goal will be to compete in the 2021 Summer Olympics. I think a lot of people think that time is against me or against older athletes in this situation, and it’s far from the truth. My educated guess is yes, [I can win gold in 2021]. It won’t be that big of a difference from being 38 to 39. But, I always said, ‘I’m not running ’til I’m 40.’ I was so hard on myself with not running ’til I’m 40, and now it looks like I’m pushing close to 40, and I’m gonna still be running. … All this Tom Brady news that’s going on right now, it’s giving me a lot of hope to say, ‘Ya know, maybe a 40-year-old Justin Gatlin on the track won’t be that crazy.'”
– Justin Gatlin talking about extending his career out another year for a shot at glory at the Tokyo Olympics in 2021.
- Renato Canova: Olympic organizers are considering holding next spring. Personally I don't think that one can be a real opportunity.
- If the Olympics are held in spring of 2021, when and where should USATF hold the Olympic Trials?
- To be fair the olympics should be in 2022
- Anyone else running in the dark and no longer uploading to Strava, to prevent being arrested like this runner in Spain?
- Older folks around here, imagine if the Coronavirus had hit us in 1977
- To date, Russia has recorded only a SINGLE death from coronavirus.
- With lockdown in Italy not being effective does that mean people are spreading it in their family?
- Nearly twice as many Americans are dying daily of Coronavirus as from the flu despite a much smaller patient population
- How many miles per week must you run to be considered a "Serious" runner?
- Marine girl crushes Navy PFT 1.5 mile run in 9:51