Quote Of The Day
“I think the least-worst option would be to put them back until the autumn. If that doesn’t happen, then give it the year. That decision needs to come sooner rather than later. … It would take some of the pressure off in terms of qualification, which is big uncertainty right now, a huge issue. … Now, if you haven’’ qualified already, where will that chance come? When is it going to be? And it’s impossible to plan for a peak when you don’t know any of that. If you look at track and field, it’s all about peaking, usually once or twice in any given season. If you’re trying to peak for qualification, that is now critical. Both physically and emotionally, you then have to build it back up again for the summer. With the marathon, if you’ve qualified early that’s a big advantage, but if you’re looking to qualify now there are no marathons. … You want the best athletes at the Olympics. If they have the Games in July, that would be a serious issue. It all seems a bit ridiculous, to be quite honest.”
– Sport Ireland CEO and 1984 Olympic marathon silver medalist John Treacy talking about why he thinks the Tokyo 2020 Games should be postponed.
- I tested Positive for COVID here is my story
- Coronavirus isn't stopping Jakob Ingebrigtsen from training. He posts video of him training at 4:30/mile THRESHOLD!!
- Independent review of UKA's handling of 2015/2017 Salazar Farah doping allegations is released
- Pray for Emma Bates - She might have Covid-19
- "Chinese Virus" is EXACTLY what it is
- Video: Paul Chelimo's training in a bath tub
- WA State shelter-in-place order coming tomorrow morning! Buy a treadmill tonight if you want to stay in shape! ????????
- ban all travel to china permamently + immediate economic sanctions
- I am an ER nurse in Denver. Take COVID seriously, stay home.
- If It Becomes Illegal to Run Outside Should I Suspend Strava Uploads?
- Hard to swallow truths about Covid-19 - We need to let it run it’s course
- Article on Newbury Park - “Coaches Facing Important Questions About The Season”