Quote Of The Day
“I think the least-worst option would be to put them back until the autumn. If that doesn’t happen, then give it the year. That decision needs to come sooner rather than later. … It would take some of the pressure off in terms of qualification, which is big uncertainty right now, a huge issue. … Now, if you haven’’ qualified already, where will that chance come? When is it going to be? And it’s impossible to plan for a peak when you don’t know any of that. If you look at track and field, it’s all about peaking, usually once or twice in any given season. If you’re trying to peak for qualification, that is now critical. Both physically and emotionally, you then have to build it back up again for the summer. With the marathon, if you’ve qualified early that’s a big advantage, but if you’re looking to qualify now there are no marathons. … You want the best athletes at the Olympics. If they have the Games in July, that would be a serious issue. It all seems a bit ridiculous, to be quite honest.”
– Sport Ireland CEO and 1984 Olympic marathon silver medalist John Treacy talking about why he thinks the Tokyo 2020 Games should be postponed.
- Video: Paul Chelimo's training in a bath tub
- Galen Rupp lives in an altitude house set to 10,000 feet- thoughts?!
- Mike Smith lifts the veil on Galen Rupp's training and talks about what makes him great
- A cure sooner than we think???
- Insanity: French govt. says people can only run "1k or 2k" maximum. "A little jog is good for your sanity but not a 10K run.”
- Why is calling it Chinese Coronavirus considered to be Racist.
- Italy - 2 Weeks Post Total Lockdown & A record Number Of Deaths
- Theory - Please debunk if you have a reputable source - COVID-19
- Kevin Durant has tested positive for coronavirus
- 88 people dead for trillions of dollars
- How will the lack of a Spring track season effect college recruiting
- Realistically how long does the country need to be in 'lockdown' for?