Quote Of The Day
“Galen is a very physically talented athlete [but] his mind is way more advanced than his body. And remember, his body is pretty advanced.
He’s just so, so resilient. It ties into his physical preparations, but he is willing to grind like no other. He believes it’s gonna be the hardest thing he’’ ever done. It’s an elite mindset that is just unbelievable. And part of resilience training is your ability to navigate what you can control, what’s a distraction, thinking traps or places you could talk yourself out of, what you need to do. When I say resilient in that way, he was just so dialed in for that moment.
His physical preparation was very good as well. He had come off [Achilles] surgery [in October 2018] and his mechanics were poor, he had weakness on his left side, and he was just in pain. And so I think, in the last two months, to have just stopped being in pain like that and to not have your day just evaluated by ‘am I in pain or not?’ but actually, ‘am I training now?’ I think he was really having fun with that. There was great joy injected into his process again that maybe he thought he wasn’t ever going to have.
So there was some life brought back into what he was doing. He was actually training for a marathon, to get ready for it. Between those elements, I think he was extremely ready for that moment.”
– Mike Smith talking to LetsRun.com’s Jonathan Gault about what it’s like to coach Galen Rupp.
- Kevin Durant has tested positive for coronavirus
- Friend: "The biggest winner of coronavirus outbreak will be dopers as they'll be able to dope with impunity now, right?"
- Anyone have Coronavirus on the boards? If so fill us in on severity.
- Realistically how long does the country need to be in 'lockdown' for?
- Americans, what are you going to do with your $1000 the govt is going to give you?
- How will the lack of a Spring track season effect college recruiting
- What impact will Covid-19 have on drug dealers? Will these lock downs flush out the drug dealers?
- Here are my Coronavirus Challenges to keep you sane
- San Fran is on total lockdown - Is Running allowed? Has anyone tried to go for a run outdoors in San Francisco?
- 88 people dead for trillions of dollars