Quote Of The Day
“At the moment the situation is getting worse, not better [in the US and many countries in Europe] so those events will be unlikely to go ahead. The big countries won’t have teams to send. I think they will end up having the Games pushed back 12 months rather than cancelled. The small sports need the Olympics for profile and money coming in – they can’t survive without the Olympics, so I think they will push it back 12 months. … We could pick our team from qualified athletes and world rankings and so could South Africa but at the moment people are not thinking about that [qualifying for Olympics] – they are thinking what will happen with the world? Is it worth thinking about playing sport and running competitions when this is happening? Everyone is marking time for a month, training a bit, and hoping that events can be held in June in Europe and the US, but it is unlikely those events can be held.”
– Australian coach Nic Bideau explaining why he believes the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games will end up getting postponed due to coronavirus.
- Here are my Coronavirus Challenges to keep you sane
- San Fran is on total lockdown - Is Running allowed? Has anyone tried to go for a run outdoors in San Francisco?
- If they say you cant go out would you still go out running?
- UK Athletics bans all athletics activity (NOT just races)
- Businessess as usual in Britain despite virus
- TOM BRADY NOT COMING BACK TO THE PATRIOTS
- Jonathan Marcus on coronavirus: "To train hard now is irresponsible."
- My friend is on vacation in Puerto Rico - They just closed the beaches due to coronavirus. Why? Don't we want people outside?
- Just saw 2 anchors on CNN pissed off people are exercising in San Francisco