The Vaporflys May Impact People For The Rest Of Their Lives
“There was the option there to talk to a couple of companies … Take away the Olympics, if it was any other year, you’d be sitting down, you’d be trying to get the best deal we could. But being the Olympics, and knowing that the majority of athletes on the start line are going to be in the Alphafly or the Next% or the Vaporfly, there’s so many unknowns.”
“I would hate if Jake was to get himself into a contract situation a month out or two months out before the Olympics, and the top eight guys are all in Vaporflys and he’s not, then [there’s] that dilemma of, well, if I had been in them, what would have happened? I’d hate for him as an athlete to have this question that he’s got to ask himself for the rest of his life.”
– Lee Troop, coach of 2:10:36 marathoner Jake Riley, talking about why Riley is remaining unsponsored for the 2020 US Olympic Marathon Trials.
- Jim Walmsley manually uploads TREADMILL WORKOUT just days out from Olympic Trials
- Parker Stinson OUT for the Olympic Trials
- Guy decked out in adidas gear, ditches adidas shoes for Vaporflys. Runs WL 2:04:50 - a 4+ minute pb in 22nd marathon
- Camille Herron Takes Snipe At Desi Linden, Immediately Regrets Decision
- There are too many runners in the U.S. Olympic Trials marathon
- What happens when the 2020 Olympics are postponed to 2021 due to coronavirus - Should we hold another Olympic Trials?
- Anybody ever done a 24 Hour Race?
- Jim Walmsley Olympic Marathon Trials Prediction Thread
- Is Stanley Kebenei entered in the OT marathon just to pace Leonard Korir?
- Really Weird Situation w/ College Girl..Need Help
- Ever had a hobby jogger show up to run in a college meet?
- Wife wastes money on useless sht