The Vaporflys May Impact People For The Rest Of Their Lives
“There was the option there to talk to a couple of companies … Take away the Olympics, if it was any other year, you’d be sitting down, you’d be trying to get the best deal we could. But being the Olympics, and knowing that the majority of athletes on the start line are going to be in the Alphafly or the Next% or the Vaporfly, there’s so many unknowns.”
“I would hate if Jake was to get himself into a contract situation a month out or two months out before the Olympics, and the top eight guys are all in Vaporflys and he’s not, then [there’s] that dilemma of, well, if I had been in them, what would have happened? I’d hate for him as an athlete to have this question that he’s got to ask himself for the rest of his life.”
– Lee Troop, coach of 2:10:36 marathoner Jake Riley, talking about why Riley is remaining unsponsored for the 2020 US Olympic Marathon Trials.
- Trials Question of the Day: Which woman is most likely to make the team? Des, Sisson, Hasay, Huddle, Hall?
- CDC: Coronavirus is coming to USA. "It’s not a question of if this will happen but when." What steps should we take?
- Can Mo Farah be suspended for lying to officials?
- Who will be first non D1 alum to finish in Atlanta.
- Galen Rupp speaks & says training has been going great, he's doing Tai Chi
- Ariana Lambie speaks about her time in NOP, says she was given a supplement by Salazar & told to take a drug test after it
- Has anyone on this board ever eaten ugali, the food of the running gods in Kenya?
- Goucher says Salazar "was obsessed with the size of my breasts"
- Got chased by a dog today and the dog got run over by a car
- Half marathon fitness test pre marathon
- Is plank exercise worth anything
- Bernard Lagat's sister and FSU GRAD Violah Lagat 66:47 in Half Marathon Debut
- Are Alphaflys a good lawn mowing shoe?