Quote Of The Day
“I really started to care about running as a HS senior in 2007. I’d been on the team up to that point but had never once run out of season (we had no track at my HS) and had never broken 20’30 for 5K. That year, though, we had a new coach, Jon Waldron (who’s still my coach today), and he taught me this lesson which, in retrospect, seems so obvious to be not even worth mentioning: that if you try harder and run more, you’ll get better. That was really it. I honestly thought that being good at running was kind of like being tall; you either were or you weren’t. That season, I started training moderately and consistently and, sure enough, broke 20’, then broke 19’ and ended up w/ a HS PR of ~18’30. More importantly, though, I’d fallen in love w/ this process of self-improvement, this very quantifiable and measurable improvement that I could see every day and week and month. That was really what got under my skin and really lit a fire inside me (to mix metaphors just a bit).”
– Olympic Marathon Trials qualifier and Hoka One One runner Tyler Andrews talking about his start in running.
- Wayde Van niekerk opens his season with 800m (1:57)
- Jim Walmsley OT marathon prediction thread!
- I Raced against Wayde Van niekerk in the 800m last night.
- Isn't free college already a thing?
- Joshua Cheptegei 12:51 for 5km
- WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT CULPEPPER'S 4:00.1???
- How many races can you get out of Vaporflys?
- Naive teen buys a Valentine's gift for every girl in his high school..
- My son has gone right off the rails
- To be announced soon - Rhonex Kipruto will attempt to break the track 10,000 WR in Hengelo(June 1st)!!
- Tokyo Marathon CANCELLED!