Quote Of The Day
“I’d like to think I’m around 2:10 shape right now. [And] if you told me a year ago, if you think you could get into, shit, 2:10 shape, like what would you say? I’d be totally stoked. I think things have gone much better than I could have hoped for so far. For an ultrarunner to even be saying that [they are in 2:10 shape] I think speaks volumes of how well the training block has gone. A year ago, the scenario was so different. When I decided to do the Trials, I really felt like the US marathon [scene] was much more wide open. You still had Galen Rupp hurt, [Leonard] Korir hadn’t run 2:07. Scott Fauble and Jared Ward hadn’t run 2:09. You didn’t have 10 guys all run under 2:12 at Chicago. You didn’t have 14 guys are under 62:00 in Houston. Like it is night and day different scenario. As an ultrarunner, I definitely was licking my chops a lot more a year ago than [now]. I mean, so many guys have risen to the Olympic occasion and I mean, good for us and good for the US, but at the same time, I think I kind of alluded to it earlier: if you told me a year ago if I’d be in the fitness and [have] the leg speed I’m at right now, I’d be more than happy, but I know it’s still going to be an absolute dogfight.”
– Jim Walmsley talking about his training and outlook ahead of the 2020 US Olympic Marathon Trials. *Discuss
- Joshua Cheptegei 12:51 for 5km
- MONDO Duplantis does it AGAIN - 6.18 new WR!!!
- Jim Walmsley: "I'd like to think I'm around 2:10 shape..I've legitimately put in the training and the work to contend up front."
- Why do Joshua Cheptegei and Rhonex Kipruto avoid even attempting track records?
- Don't run at 1% incline on the treadmill!
- Shame on the Bowerman Track Club men and Jerry Schumacher- Skip USAs to run on illegal track in Washington
- Gwen Jorgensen 15:47min 5km
- The WR in the 60 meter dash is held by Usain Bolt with a 6.29. Christian Coleman doesn't own the record.
- Jenny Simpson runs 14:58 5k
- June Eastwood runs 4:45 mile