Pretty Sure The Author Was Referring To One Forum:
“Some people in the distance-running community derisively refer to ultrarunners as ‘hobby joggers’ or ‘glorified fast-walkers.’ As they see it, if Walmsley can run Western States in 14:09, surely the fittest marathoners – who average sub-five-minute miles – could finish much faster. To those who’ve made a life battling through 100-mile runs, this line of thinking is demeaning. Walmsley will soon provide the denizens of distance-running forums, and other arenas where such internecine debates take place, actual data to argue over.”
– Joseph Bien-Kahn writing in NY Times Magazine feature on Jim Walmsley’s marathon debut at the Olympic Trials. Walmsley was profiled in 3 different national publications on Monday (NY Times, SI, Runnerworld).
- Parents and girls sue to block participation of transgender athletes
- Official: Adidas sets release date on new vaporfly killer
- Nike Carbon Spikes Jessica Hull Melbourne Classic
- The Irishman movie = HORRIBLE
- Why did Gwen Jorgensen quit triathlons ?
- Why Walmsley is popular. Get over it.
- Girlfriend bought me a fuel vest for my birthday - help!!!!
- Jim Walmsley gets big feature in New York Times Magazine (and a RW and SI feature on same day)