“[After being cut from the team], I remember leaving his office and being like, ‘I’ll be back here with a different outcome.’ From that day on, I was on a mission to make the team and call myself a ‘D1 Athlete’…..
“I knew if I wanted to be great I had to take leaps and jumps. To be great you have to be a little crazy. My summer going into junior year I heard the concept of doubles and didn’t realize people would run twice a day….Within that one year, I went from running 80 to 120 miles in less than a year and from being on the bottom to being one of the top runners on the team and the conference. In the next 3 years on the team, I won 2 cross country conference team [titles], 2 10k track titles, and a 5k title while running 14:01 and 29:05 10k. I graduated in 2018 and joined the Hoka Aggies which are based out of San Luis Obispo and joined a select group of dedicated hard-working runners with high dreams while working full-time jobs…. I look forward to see where running takes me next. #HOKAAGGIES #GARDENSTREETAGGIES #BLUECOLLARRUNNING”
– Swarnjit Boyal, a member of the Hoka ONE ONE Aggies, sharing his incredible story of how he went from being a guy who was cut two-times in college, to being a 3-time conference champion and now to an Olympic Trials qualifier. This month, LetsRun is partnering with HOKA to profile their athletes at the US Olympic Marathon Trials – from the contenders to the dreamers to the mountain men and women.
This quote reminds us to have everyone re-live one of the most classic LRC threads in history:
- Ajee Wilson breaks her own AR at Millrose - Runs 1:58.29
- Rupp has tuned up; time for some Trials talk!
- Asics Launch there new "Vapor Fly Killer " , going back to using leather and Bold colors
- Increased mileage at slow pace, improved a lot, increased easy pace, improvement slowed. What should I do?
- Nico Young runs 4:10, 4:16 in practice!!!
- Nico MF Young - 7:56.96 3k
- Donavan Brazier comes from behind, crushes last lap (24.89) and sets American record - 1:44.20!!
- Elle Purrier - Are you F***ing kidding - 4:16.85 full mile FTW at Millrose. AR and #2 all time