Quote Of The Day
“Athletics Canada had let us know that if we are interested, they have to be on board too, so for now, they suggested we go after a smaller international meet to demonstrate that we can put on a great event. … So, when we put on a great event on Feb. 29 (Leap Day!) we will bid on the 2023 or 2025 champs after that. Worlds will be bigger and we will need to circle back to see if we can take what we did and scale it out to Worlds level. For us and anyone down the coast to California and within a couple of times zones towards the midwest, this will be a big deal. Canada has never hosted World Cross, the US as far as we know did so only twice, in Boston and New Jersey. So never in this time zone. Victoria has a very good environment and culture towards road, trail, mountain, and cross-country running. It seems many masters runners come out to Victoria when they retire and feel renewed to run and race again. Many provincial, national and world age-group records have been set by Victoria and Vancouver-area runners who moved from Great Britain or from across Canada. Some of these people have great experience and want to help out – this event can be accomplished. … Seb Coe and World Athletics want renewed enthusiasm around cross-country – possibly the world’s oldest sport.”
– Chris Kelsall, the editor of Athletics Illustrated, talking about Canada hopefully bidding to host the 2023 or 2025 World XC Championships.
- Boston Marathon cheater Mike Rossi attacked cops, arrested again
- Non-OTQ Guy (Bromka) Calls Out OTQ Guys for... Bad Training?
- Running Newton Hills on a Saturday morning?
- Jakob incurred a glute injury in the Euro XCs
- Running while backpacking long term
- Dubai Marathon is 19 days away; here are 32 profiles, five every three days.
- Low heart rate at end or start of runs
- Can Rhonex Kipruto end Kenya 10 000m drought in the Olympics
- Running Watch $200-400 range LRC Input
- Two-time Foot Locker xc runnerup Sharif Karie sentenced to 58 months in federal prison