Quote Of The Day
“Enough. This can’t go on, and no longer can the sport be in denial. No longer should athletics tolerate such flexible bending – or outright breaking – of its rules. Over the last few years, athletes have been forced to fight for Olympic places, major medals, against rivals who are smuggling a gun to a knife fight. I’m talking, of course, about the most radical performance-enhancer to hit distance-running in three decades, a game-changer on par with EPO, the blood-boosting drug that warped the record books in the ’90s. The Nike Vaporfly …has so altered the landscape that comparisons between eras are obsolete. Almost half of the top 150 marathon times in history occurred since the shoe’s arrival in 2016, and that’s no accident. …It’s time to put a stop to the disregard for the rules, hazy and all as they may currently be. Those with the power to introduce, but more importantly implement, the necessary regulations know what needs to be done. Just do it.”
– Irish journalist Cathal Dennehy arguing why World Athletics should ban Nike’s controversial Vaporfly shoes.
- Employee 1.1's 17 year sub-5 streak is on the line. Can he break 5 tonight at age 32 with almost zero training?
- DQ from a race - AMA
- Jimmy Gressier is becoming pretty damn fast (27:43 road 10k)
- Who watches this crap? Why is 95% of stuff on Netflix unwatchable?
- US Heptathlete Alexandria Gochenour Gets 4-Year Doping Ban
- Does a girls HS 25.5, 58, 2:15 get any college consideration
- Watch out Ingebrigtsens, Josh and Jaxson Hoey just ran 4:00 and 4:02
- Runners World: Why Tinman Elite Thinks They’re The Next Great Pro Running Team
- Would the Tinman elite team win (and dominate) NCAA xc?