Quote Of The Day
“Ten years is a long time in the life of any product. Diamond league was 10 years old this year. We looked at it and we thought, actually, it’s a good product, but it can be better. … So in simple terms, they reduce the broadcast window to make sure that we have a faster, pacier event particularly for young people watching. Because these young people see the world in a very different way. We need to make sure that our fans of tomorrow are engaging with the sport. Every event will be judged at the end of the year for its popularity, for the amount of broadcast time, for the amount of interest for the social media. These are all the things that we will take into consideration. But it is really important that we changed. … The second we started to talk about change and making it a faster pacier format, then we get a sponsor. And there’s no coincidence in that.”
– Seb Coe talking about the changes they have made to next year’s Diamond League, which included shortening the broadcast window and cutting some events.
- Dyestat Drama - Dudek ranked #1a and Tuohy ranked #1b
- Tuohy #1... sanity from milesplit
- Prediction: Kipchoge's streak will come to an end in 2020
- NRR - J.K. Rowling Controversy
- How to invest $100,000
- What ended up making you really fast?
- Connor Mantz is skipping indoor track to run the Marathon Trials
- Had sexual harrasment charge filed against me at work for answering a question honestly.
- Do you think Wanjiru would have done better than Kipchoge?
- WTF is wrong with this new freshman on our team?