Quote Of The Day
“2000 Sydney Olympics women’s marathon gold medalist Naoko Takahashi voiced concern for the athletes, saying, ‘Training changes completely based on the time of the day, the weather conditions, the course. You have to think backwards from the race itself.’ The planned Tokyo course featured a series of uphills late in the race, but that will not be the case in Sapporo. With most of it likely to be flat, the move to Sapporo will remove much of the strategic element of the race and favor pure speed runners. ‘You’ll need to have the power to control the race from the very outset,’ said Takahashi.”
– Excerpt from Japan Running News article by Brett Larner about the new, only half-finished course for the 2020 Olympic marathons.
- Will Emily Sisson's 15:12.22 indoor collegiate 5000 record fall tomorrow at BU? 6 of top 7 from 2019 NCAA xc are entered
- LRC Nation: Help us pick the top 64 races of the decade as we are going to do a 64-race tournament to pick the RACE OF THE DECADE
- Saucony's Carbon fibre plate shoe - Endorphin Pro - coming out on June 1st for $200
- Nike's claims getting more outlandish - Says $160 React Infinity Run has 52% lower injury rate than other motion control shoes
- Fair or foul? 49ers suspend analyst for saying Lamar Jackson was extra good at fakes due to "dark skin color with a dark football with a dark uniform"
- What income is considered upper class?
- Training: Are doubles worth it?
- How hard is it to beat your high school PRs as a 33 year old?
- Why do bicyclists require so many more hours of training than runners?
- What do you get rich people for Christmas?
- 100 MPW isn't hard people!
- This week's pod is here for your weekend long run or commute home - Mo Farah, Valencia, NXN vs Foot Locker