Quote Of The Day
“2000 Sydney Olympics women’s marathon gold medalist Naoko Takahashi voiced concern for the athletes, saying, ‘Training changes completely based on the time of the day, the weather conditions, the course. You have to think backwards from the race itself.’ The planned Tokyo course featured a series of uphills late in the race, but that will not be the case in Sapporo. With most of it likely to be flat, the move to Sapporo will remove much of the strategic element of the race and favor pure speed runners. ‘You’ll need to have the power to control the race from the very outset,’ said Takahashi.”
– Excerpt from Japan Running News article by Brett Larner about the new, only half-finished course for the 2020 Olympic marathons.
- Fair or foul? 49ers suspend analyst for saying Lamar Jackson was extra good at fakes due to "dark skin color with a dark football with a dark uniform"
- LRC Nation: Help us pick the top 64 races of the decade as we are going to do a 64-race tournament to pick the RACE OF THE DECADE
- WW2 casualties in today's perspective
- Jorgensen announces move to track for 2020
- British track stars claim UK Athletics encouraged the use of thyroid medication
- Should I just quit?
- CIM weather
- How does running slow lots of miles result in a fast marathon
- Attn HS Coaches who have active social media accounts
- 2019 Girls NXN top 5 individual predictions
- So it looks like overweight Americans are outraged over the new Peloton ad
- Should I just do nothing? help