Quote Of The Day
“It’s really cool to see some records being broken, but you have to put them into perspective. It’s a little frustrating to see people from the past being bumped off lists [because] they didn’t have access to [certain shoes]. From the history and the historical point of view, we just have to educate people and make sure that [they know] something different is happening right now. It’s also frustrating that someone can have an amazing race and we go, ‘What are they wearing?’ It’s not just the athlete anymore. It’s not just the conditions. It’s what shoes are they in. It adds an element that we have to consider afterward. There’s just a lot of questions right now. …It is an arms race and it should be a footrace. We should find out who the best athlete is and who can cover 26.2 better than the other person – not who has the newest or greatest technology.”
– Des Linden talking about her issues with the Nike Vaporflys.
- Professional boxer runs 14:26 for 5k
- How / why did swimming ban the full body suits?
- Sifan Hassan's nightmare. Almaz Ayana says she's healthy as he "knee surgery went really well" and getting ready for 2020
- Team sky doctor admits to ordering testosterone
- What times would you consider good for a self coached person who never ran in school/college?
- What is better living in altitude and training at altitude vs an altitude tent? And what about elites training in Michigan
- New york post writes garbage article on how marathons are bad for you