Quote Of The Day
“For me, I came tenth in the world and I’m proud of that, I’m happy with that. I want more. I walked off that track happy. I had an interview with Cathal (Dennehy) and he told me that she (Hassan) ran 3:51 and I couldn’t believe it. If anybody heard the interview, I was like, ‘She what? 3:51?’ I didn’t think it was possible to go out in a championship race and race that all on your own at the front.”
“I met Steve (Vernon) straight away and he was happy. I did have a few choice words to him that I won’t repeat because I don’t want it written down. Ultimately, it was saying, ‘What do I have to do?’ I finished that race and I didn’t see the times. I thought the girls must have run 3:55, 3:56 and it was a fast race. They were miles ahead of me, I should have realized.”
“I can’t make up nine seconds. There’s not nine seconds in me, no matter what I do. What I do cleanly, there’s not nine seconds in me. That’s really hard.”
– Ciara Mageean, the 10th placer at Worlds for Ireland, talking about how she reacted when she learned Sifan Hassan ran 3:51 to win Worlds. Mageean has been drug tested 3 times since Worlds and is happy she has been as she said that “a clean athlete wants to get tested.”
- New Paris 2024 logo is unveiled. Do you think it sexually objectifies women? (Pic)
- Jared Ward will appear on Shark Tank on Sunday to pitch his MyoStorm Meteor storm massage ball
- How would your life be different if you never started running?
- Does a professional American distance runner make enough money in their career to retire off?
- Turbo Tumo Died... Interesting Marathon Runner from the mid 90's
- High school athlete disqualified at cross-country meet for wearing hijab
- Many Staten Islanders are irate that a Manhattanite will run for them in Foot Locker 5-Borough NYC Challenge
- Texas Judge Rules Father Cannot Stop Mother from Transitioning 7 Yr Old Son into a Girl
- how hard do you have to hit someone to KO him?