Quote Of The Day
“With happy tears I announce today that I am retiring from professional running. From 2004 to 2019 I’ve given everything that’s within me to this sport and wow it’s been an incredible ride! I’ve broken bones, torn tendons, and lost too many toenails to count. I’ve experienced otherworldly highs and abysmal lows. I’ve loved (and learned from) it all. Over the last 15 years I found out what I was capable of, and it was more than I ever dreamed possible. Now that all is said and done, I am most proud of the consistently high level of running I produced year after year. No matter what I accomplished the year before, it never got any easier. Each season, each race was hard, so hard. But this I know to be true: hard things are wonderful, beautiful, and give meaning to life. I’ve loved having an intense sense of purpose. For 15 years I’ve woken up every day knowing I was exactly where I needed to be. The feeling of pressing the threshold of my mental and physical limits has been bliss. I’ve gone to bed with a giant tired smile on my face and woken up with the same smile. My obsession to put one foot in front of the other, as quickly as I can, has given me so much joy.”
– Shalane Flanagan announcing her retirement from professional running.
- Nike CEO Mark Parker Stepping Down
- Shalane announces she is RETIRED!
- Lamest rock star ever -- I give you Billy Joel
- I NEED to make 200K within 2 years - how?
- Centerville OH runs jv at district, fails to advance
- Wore vapor flys for 5k today and pred by 1 minute.
- How should a PRO runner retire?
- So what the hell is supposed to happen at the men's marathon trials? 1 spot locked and 2 up for grabs? (Rupp not the lock)
- Women's Master's Track Cycling again proves what happens when we allow ALL the women to compete!
- Pittsburgh Steeler Arrested after Allegedly Assaulting Canadaian Pole Vaulter Girlfriend Anthony Chickillo