Quote Of The Day
“… I hate those shoes. They shut off an important part of the body’s spring mechanism, namely the arch and big toe, and substitute a rigid plate that rocks a runner forward off the tip of her toes. In my experience, you can’t shut off a key part of how the body works in running without paying a price. It won’t happen right away, and the effects will probably vary somewhat from person to person, but the reckoning will come. Also, they create confusion about the real meaning of the amazing accomplishments we’re seeing – world records broken, the 2-hour marathon barrier falling. Could the runners have done these things without the special shoes? Not knowing puts a damper on the celebration, to say the least.”
– Running form “guru” Jae Gruenke writing about Nike’s Vaporfly Next % shoes and how they may have affected Brigid Kosgei‘s running form in Chicago.
- LeBron James Bows to China and Stands Against Pro-Democracy Hong Kong!
- Brigid Kosgei Demands Own Ineos Challege!
- What shoe were the Americans wearing in Chicago?
- Bitter (and defeated) Brits Start Whisper Campaign to Discredit Brigid Kosgei for Breaking Radcliffe Record
- Brigid Kosgei ran her first 5K in 15:28 - Jordan Hasay's 5K PR - and followed that up with another 23 miles at WR pace.
- Does anyone seriously want vaporflys banned?
- What could Kipchoge run for a 1500m today
- BRIGID KOSGEI said a women is able to go under 2:10
- What would the world records be if doping was allowed?
- Most of us agree Bekele is the GOAT, right?