Quote Of The Day
“One ban isn’t going to change the sport, but I’m hoping it starts to make a shift in the culture, especially by Nike. Right now they have continually chosen the brand over integrity. They should be apologizing to all the athletes who have ever run with the Oregon Project, whose results will forever be questioned. Instead they’re just digging in deeper and [supporting Alberto’s] appeal. My hope is that this is a shift that will lead to more change …
It’s frustrating because I think the panel only found that [former Oregon Project assistant coach] Steve Magness had gone over the legal limit [of L-Carnitine] and he’s not even a real athlete. Again, I think we’re still facing the fact that I don’t think this is total, total justice, but I also have to applaud USADA for getting this done.
The hard part is – and I’ve tried to describe this in the past – that there was this inner-circle that was impenetrable. It was [sport psychologist] Darren Treasure, Alberto, and Galen. There was a ring right outside of that, which I was part of. And then there all these outer rings, but even as close as I was, I was never in that inner circle – nobody could get in there until Mo Farah came along. And then I left. It’s hard because we don’t have people on that inner circle who I feel like are telling the truth.”
– Kara Goucher talking to Women’s Running as part of an extensive interview after Alberto Salazar received a 4-year ban.
- RunningWarehouse.com Prediction Contest Check Your Scores/ Change Your picks here
- Ritzenhein finally speaks out and says USADA made right call to ban Salazar: "I stand behind the findings of the panel."
- Will the Salazar witchhunt end up being good or bad for United States distance running?
- Jessica Hull not leaving her coach or NOP
- I'm no Centro hater but .... it's getting quite clear now that the Rio gold was a fluke
- Nike will back Alberto Salazar Appeal , the gloves are coming off.
- OFFICIAL Chicago Marathon Weather Thread
- Is this a "real runner" thing, or was he a weirdo?
- How does JACKED-aloufi run the 1500 so well?
- Psychiatrists are not real doctors
- Why isn't Steve Magness Banned
- ‘Tragic’ for the young Ingebrigtsen