Wejo Is Pumped For Worlds - Are You?
“You guys are missing the big picture … Jakob Ingebrigtsen is the betting favorite [for the 5k], the #1 betting favorite for the gold medal.”
“We need to give the audience a little big picture talk here. The first weekend is gonna be great. We’ve been waiting two years for this shit. By Monday, we’re going to have champions in the women’s marathon … women’s 10k, which will be great with Sifan Hassan vs. Hellen Obiri, then you have the men’s 100 final and women’s 100 final. And by Monday you’re going to have the men’s 400 hurdles [as well] which could be the best event of the entire championships. You’ll also know who is the champion of the women’s 800 and steeplechase.. and the men’s 5k.”
“This is why Worlds is great. Think of all those story lines there, but I almost fell out of my chair when I pulled up the [5k] preview [and saw that] Jakob Ingebrigtsen – a 19-year-old Norwegian – is the betting favorite in the men’s 5k.”
– LetsRun.com co-founder Weldon Johnson expressing his enthusiasm for the 2019 IAAF World Championships, which start today on this week’s edition of the LRC podcast.
- Quigley officially scratched - Alternate Marisa Howard will NOT be competing, never even heard from USATF
- Paula Radcliffes record marathon is as illegitimate as Kipchoge’s breaking 2 attempt
- Ineos 1:59 Challenge will be live-streamed on YouTube globally.
- "Feels like temp: 109F" for WC Women's marathon start
- Jakob Ingebrigtsen will easily win WCh 5000m
- Boston cutoffs are getting ridiculous
- Sifan Hassan's crazy workout 10 days out from Worlds. Nobody's gonna stop her in this shape...
- 10 days out from goal half
- Marathon - Carrying Gels