Quote Of The Day
“We know you’re out there. You used to be on LetsRun all the time in college, or maybe the DyeStat message board when you were in high school. Your high school friends still know you as ‘The Runner,’ even though you don’t run much anymore. You used to watch NCAAs and USAs every year, but then you got married, had a kid, and suddenly trying to find a sketchy stream of that Diamond League meet was no longer as important. You are now a Casual Running Fan (and Hobby Jogger?).
But now it’s IAAF World Championship week, and you’ve found your way back to LetsRun.com because you want to know what’s going on – which races to watch, which new stars have emerged since the last Worlds, that sort of thing.
Welcome back. We’re happy to have you. We love all running fans here at LetsRun, and since we nerd out about track / athletics 24/7, we put together this viewing guide to get you up to speed with what you may have missed so far this year. So read it, then enter our free prediction contest (we’re giving away Running Warehouse gift certificates and three pairs of HOKA ONE ONE Rincons), and, if you really want to go deep, check out our detailed event previews. And then grab your favorite beverage, head to the couch, and strap in for the best track meet of the year.
And if you are diehard running fan and reading this, please share it with your non die-hard friends or significant others.”
– Opening lines of our Casual Track Fan’s Guide to the 2019 World Track and Field Championships. In it, we tell you the 6 key story lines to follow at Worlds, which start on Friday.
If you know anyone who is a big sports fan but doesn’t know a lot about track, why don’t you share it with them so they can become a fan?
- Quigley officially scratched - Alternate Marisa Howard will NOT be competing, never even heard from USATF
- Cool Story: Former Cornell All-American Katie Kellner Stops Run, Saves Man and Dog's Life At Chestnut Hill Reservoir
- When are people going to think it's a simple as calories in/calories out?
- Yes or No: Do you believe in man made “climate change “?
- Is Jim Walmsley Running the Marathon Trials?
- XC Coach Comment- Inappropriate?
- All-time best high-school XC runner from each state
- Marathon - Carrying Gels
- Will Kipchoge break 2?