Quote Of The Day
“Last night [Elijah] took me and really cried while talking to me. That thing entered my heart and I wanted to do as much as I could to get into the team and make him proud. Throughout the race, I could hear his voice calling me. I couldn’t keep up with Timo’s (Timothy Cheruiyot) pace, but I said I had to do all I can to qualify. He told me that I had nothing to lose. He told me he knows that I am a champion and even before he finished talking, I saw tears rolling down his cheeks and I almost started crying too. That gave me the morale to run this race today.”
– George Manangoi talking about the pre-race pep talk his brother, world 1500m champion Elijah Manangoi, gave him before the Kenyan World Championships trials where he finished third to make the team for Doha 2019.
- Tim Tebow's trainer linked to PEDs - Tebow called to testify at Trial
- Did a 19-year old threat just arrive for Ajee Wilson in Kenya's Jackline Wambui?
- Which of these conspiracies do you believe?
- I just realized Ryan Hall and Galen Rupp are two different people
- Kenya takes on the US women in the steeplechase
- My kids are spoilt, privileged and entitled. And it’s everything I hate!
- Why can't I run sub 2:15 marathon?
- Why is leading races hard?