Quote Of The Day
“It’s definitely something I’ve been working towards. It was a little unexpected at the time. It was still kind of early (in the season), still a month away from (the World Championships) and even before the Diamond League (final) so I had to just refocus to get ready for those things. But it was definitely magical. … In all honesty we (she and her coach, Lawrence Johnson) haven’t really talked that much about it. I know that sounds crazy. There was just a lot going on, more than I guess people realize, just that day even. I think he just wanted to refocus me and get me back on track to finish out the season strong, and not just settle on it – it’s crazy to say ‘settle’ on a world record – when we had more things we wanted to accomplish. We did go over the race slightly. I’ve heard people tell me I can run 51.8. I don’t know if he thinks that, but we’ll see.”
– Dalilah Muhammad talking ahead of today’s Zurich Diamond League final about unexpectedly setting the 400H world record at USAs last month.
- Zurich 5000m DL pace: 1k 2:35, 2k 5:11, 3k 7:47k
- Al Jazeera uncovers doping among leading Kenyan athletes
- Chicago Marathon Full Elite Field Announced!!
- Derrick's Cracked Fibula
- I didn't show up to work three times and I got fired.
- Should we refer to a transgender female undergoing hormone treatment as "biologically male"?
- Bye bye 5000 and Emma Corburn sub 9 Prediction Contest
- Donavan Brazier 800m American Record Watch
- Who would win? Killian, Kipchoge or Mo Farah