Quote Of The Day
“Oh, and on the subject of physio. Try to look after your body. You may feel bulletproof – especially during some of your greatest triumphs – but ignoring physiotherapy will create problems in the aftermath, especially during your marathon career. Injuries can – and will – cause huge frustration. During times when you struggle with injury, you may feel despondent and demotivated. You may not always be fully committed to carrying out the correct rehab exercises. But this will only make the marathon an even more difficult event to master. Maintaining fitness levels and full health as an athlete in your mid-30s will be hard. But don’t give up. Stick with it and aim to sign off your career on a high. Listen to your body and make the necessary sacrifices. If you do that, you can fulfil your marathon potential and finish your career with a flourish.”
– Kenenisa Bekele writing a letter to himself in the IAAF’s latest installment of their “Advice to My Younger Self” series.
- Lopez Lomong is a Savage, roasts Paul Chelimo!!!
- Was the "breaking" of the news of the death of Rosie Ruiz Vivas the biggest scoop ever by someone posting on this foru
- Biking as extra training
- What is your No Hire List? I would never hire anyone that...
- Did Al Sal ruin Mary Cain?
- Why is healthcare so expensive?
- Ashamed to buy next%
- Do Mormons sneak runs on Sundays?
- Wow: Guy who didn't even make NCAA finals - Carlos Villareal of Arizona/Mexico - just won the Pan Am 1500 gold in 3:39