Quote Of The Day
“The first session back was 20 minutes with two minutes of running, followed by one minute walking. It was painful, but that is life. I had to start again. I then started jogging for 30 minutes and slowly the speed returned. … After being out for such a long time, you don’t exactly know where you are at, so it was great to test myself at the Prefontaine meeting. … I’m looking forward to Doha and given the late timing of the World Championships this year (following my return from pregnancy), it is like a gift from God.”
– Defending World 1,500m champ Faith Kipyegon talking about her first training sessions back in January after almost an 18-month break from running to have her first baby. Kipyegon has made quite the quick return considering it was only six months later when she ran 3:59.04 to win at the Pre Classic.
- Makhloufi 1:46.33 for 2nd place (1st race since 2016)
- Jessica Hull to NOP!
- Predictions for Jakob in London 5000 Saturday?
- A look at the fall marathon plans for the top US Olympic contenders - Help us fill in the banks
- Wearing a runners' utility belt for a half marathon
- Why does the CC logo have an arrow through it?
- Hot and humid tempo running
- Roger Federer sleeps 12 hour a night
- John Tatter to UNC