Quote Of The Day
“As a kid I remember being fearless. Back then I didn’t worry about expectations. I was unafraid. I was wild and free but also very driven … My mum always advised me not to change and, for the most part, I haven’t. … However, as I’ve grown older I’ve sometimes become so caught up in expectations, I’ve lose that sense of self. Last year I think I lost that sense of fun. At the time in my career I was coping with several ‘what next’ questions and struggling to find answers. I had injuries and I was becoming consumed by track and field. To fix this I had to do some serious soul searching and ask what works for me. It was less a case of giving advice to my younger self; it was more about what I could learn as an adult from my younger self. How could I reconnect with that feeling of fearlessness? I realized to rediscover a happy Omar, I needed to be in a happy environment. This would help me become a healthy Omar which translates to a fast Omar.”
– World and Olympic 110H champ Omar McLeod talking about the “soul searching” he did last year to rediscover the “fearlessness” that helped him excel as a younger athlete.
- Saucony's Jared Ward publishes scientific paper showing that Nike's 4% shoes really do work
- Drew Hunter to run 5k at USAs
- Fair our Foul: Two-time Olympic medallist Nick Willis just won a $20 shoe voucher at an all-comers 800 race
- In Europe - Just Watched King Ches PR in 7:43
- Wejo: Megan Rapinoe's gave one of the best speeches I've ever heard today at City Hall
- Nikki Hiltz sabotaged her potential US competitors!
- DONOVAN BRAZIER: A 1500m man SPECIALIZING in the 800m
- Brazier has apparently only been running 35 mpw
- To those who say ALL elites are doping, what exactly are they on?
- Zane Robertson’s training