Quote Of The Day
“So I’m not one to complain and throw a pity party, but this does piss me off! I sat down with my coach this spring and told him I wanted to change my season plans so that I had the best chance to make the Pan American team. The @usatfprocedures for the team selection were posted online, and said it would take the top two athletes in a descending list for performances from Jan 1, 2019 to June 9th, 2019. I thought I had a pretty good shot as I sat between 2nd-5th for most of the spring season. So I changed race plans, spent more money (Unsponsored) and flew out to more races to try and better my position. THEN a day after the selection period is over, I get an email from @usatfthat the team selection would be from a list dating back to 2018, not the 2019 list that they had posted on their website for team selection procedures. Had I known that I would not have adjusted my season plans, and would have stayed with my original goal of getting ready for USA nationals. Granted I would not have made the team if it was just the 2019 list, as I just fell short of that goal. BUT what a load of 💩. Very unprofessional @usatf .”
– US steeplechaser David Goodman ranting on Instagram about how USA Track and Field went against it published selection criteria for selecting its 2019 Pan American Games Team, wrongly denying up to 39 athletes a spot on Team USA.
If you are an impacted athlete, please realize that an athlete’s right to participate in the Pan American Games is protected by US federal law. It’s one of four competitions covered by the Ted Stevens Olympic and Amateur Sports Act (Olympics, Paralympics and WCs are the others). As a result, it’s important that your voice be heard. Please call or email the USOPC Ombudsman ASAP:
Email: [email protected]
- France gets hosed by non-call? US advances in World Cup.
- Shhhh... Dope legally while you can. All you have to do is eat 4 kg of spinach a day (or take a pill).
- Wealthy parents - any advice in how to cover $70,000 college costs?
- Alberto praises Muphy's values: “I’ve literally never heard Clayton say one cuss word... Little things tell you a lot"
- Kipchoge attempts new sub 2h marathon in Vienna in Oct 2019
- Female athletes, beaten by boys, claim Title IX violation
- Boris Berian is he UPDATE..?
- Allie O in Pre Steeple
- Would you consider 3:59.97 a sub 4 mile???
- Family of slain Utah track runner files $56 million lawsuit
- Bernie Tweeting #CancelStudentDebt
- NCAA To Ban California Schools From Competing??
- I feel like I have no friends