Quote Of The Day
“The IAAF fully respects each individual’s personal dignity and supports the social movement to have people accepted in society based on their chosen legal sex and/or gender identity. However, the IAAF is convinced there are some contexts, sport being one of them, where biology has to trump identity. The IAAF also believes the right to participate in sport does not translate to a right to self-identify into a competition category or an event, or to insist on inclusion in a preferred event, or to win in a particular event, without regard to the legitimate rules of the sport or the criteria for entry. It is legitimate for all sport in general, and for the IAAF in particular, to create a protected category for females and to base eligibility for this category on biology and not on gender identity. … To define the category based on something other than biology would be category defeating and would deter many girls around the world from choosing competitive and elite sport after puberty.”
– Excerpt from IAAF statement responding to the Swiss Federal Tribunal’s suspension of their testosterone rules for Caster Semenya.
- What do single people do on weeknights?
- Hi from Academia, where We've Decided that Dodgeball is 'An Unethical Tool Of Oppression' and it teaches athletic privilege
- Light Tempos - why not for every run?
- 75 mpw and manual labor
- Is Tuohy update?
- BYU is good, Their** men are.. well... more men, than the rest
- Jay Z is now the first BILLIONAIRE rapper!!
- Where will Grant Fisher Go?
- My generation is truly going to destroy this country. Roommate just broke lease because he "feels unsafe" living with me
- No Millennials, I will not tip you for putting my bagel in a bag.
- Allie Kieffer in San Diego