Quote Of The Day
“At Howard University I performed well as a hurdler … but at homecoming time I decided to hang out with friends and I missed two practices in my sophomore year. My coach was furious and kicked me off the team only for a colleague to talk him out of it and give me a two-meet suspension instead. … I was sat on the bus in street clothes fetching snacks for the team. It was embarrassing. To me, this was a huge wake-up call and made me realize how close I’d been to letting everything slip and returning back to Denver to live in my mom’s basement. It was a reminder of how fleeting your career can be and as my coach reminded me – Howard University was here way before me and would be here way after me – and I have only the interim period to leave a legacy. … I would also say I have no regrets or advice to give because if you have never been through setbacks, how does that teach resilience? Going through challenges teaches you coping strategies for the future.”
– 2013 Worlds 110H champ David Oliver talking about some of the mistakes he made as a younger athlete and how he wouldn’t change them because they ultimately contributed to his future success.
- Donovan Brazier has become skinny after joining NOP
- Julien Wanders' last 'special training block' before Stockholm DL. 100% PR shape
- Girl I’m seeing is into essential oils
- I've caught my gf lying and changing her story multiple times. How big of red flag?
- If Mount Everest was 100,000 feet instead of 29,028 feet above sea level would anyone reach the summit?
- Cheating Myself By Taking Longer Recovery During Intervals?
- Please explain why anybody would want to live in alabama
- If money were no concern, where would you live in the United states
- Women: Why do you like men?
- Who are the greatest ultramarathoners in history? (Sponsored by HOKA ONE ONE)
- Congrats to Freddy and StevePrefonDead: Our LRCers of the Week who win a pair of HOKA Carbon X Shoes