Quote Of The Day
“When a woman decides to have a baby [the sport] pushes them out at their prime … I was sponsored by Nike and then when I told them I wanted to have a baby during my career, they told me simple, ‘We’ll just pause your contract and stop paying you.’ … So I left Nike and went to Asics. I had my daughter and when I was on my return and trying to recover from my pregnancy, they also threatened to stop paying me. I was pissed. I was very upset that there was not a policy in place that would protect me. … Not having any system in place to protect our female athletes puts our health at risk. Our sponsors know this isn’t right which is why they implement confidentiality clauses that forbids us from talking about the scale of the problem which prevents us from being able to change it.”
– Alysia Montaño talking in a video criticizing shoes sponsors for not having maternity leave and cutting pay to female professional athletes who want to take time off to have a baby.
- Are you kidding me? USA manages to lose both men's 4 x 400, women's 4 x 400 and men's 4 x 100 at World Relays
- What do you do to counter aging?
- How fast do I need to run a 5K so that I would no longer be considered a hobbyjogger?
- Can someone please explain to me what is the point of a "family bathroom" at public places?
- Mary Cain is BACK! Cain runs (and wins) 4 mile race in Central Park
- Appalachian Trail horror: Machete wielding man assaults two hikers on the trail, one expected to live
- You've got to see how this race finishes. FINISH OF THE YEAR (video and pic).
- How Would a Letsrunner do in a Bear Grylls Survival Situation
- Talk me out of trying a crazy idea I have for painting my house!
- What are the best ultramarathon records? (Sponsored by HOKA)